Enamel Well Kit
Couldn't load pickup availability
The Enamel Well Kit
The Enamel Well Kit contains three enamel wells and an optional inspection/sanding jig. The wells will hold your artwork and the inspection jig will help you ensure your artwork is technically correct. Although three wells are supplied in your kit, you are not obligated to have any made into watches. You can use them to experiment and/or create finished pieces. The intention behind the fine silver enamel wells is to help you create a cloisonné watch dial, although you are not limited to cloisonné if you want to approach your watch differently. You can fill the “well” of space however you prefer.
ABOUT THE OPTIONAL JIG
In a nutshell, if the finished well doesn’t fit into the jig, it won’t fit into the watch case. The jig will help you achieve the correct diameter and thickness for your dial and also help you include time markers on your dial (if you want your watch to have them). We recommend you use it to remove the guesswork and ease the tedious measurement process in the development of your watch dial. It will also help you create a spectacular dial that meets the specifications needed for watchmaking. For example, when your counter enameled piece is placed in the jig, you will know immediately if your counter enamel thickness is correct and if you should add more counter enamel or sand some off. Using the jig, you will also discover if the center hole is large enough and/or if the circumference has changed from firing.
If you decided to send one or more dials to us to be made into watches, you can expect to receive your finished watch(es) in 2-3 weeks. The watch or watches you receive will be high quality and include the same two-year warranty that comes with every Celeste Watch.
HOW A WATCH WORKS
Watches are very precise and specific. The inside of every watch case is designed to house a specific movement (time-keeping piece) and dial. You can’t take the movement and dial out of one watch case and replace it with a movement and dial that are not identical to the original movement and case. A different movement and/or dial size will often disable the time keeping functionality of the watch. You cannot put your finished art in any other watch case and expect it to keep time. The case, dial and movement fit together in a very specific way.
- Currently, we offer two sizes of wells that will fit our 32mm or 36mm quartz cases. The cases are polished 316L hypoallergenic stainless steel. The quartz movements are Swiss made Ronda quartz movements (cell 364) with a battery life of approximately 18 months from the time of assembly or last service. .
- We also offer two sizes of wells that fit our 38mm (women's) and 42mm automatic watch cases. The automatics also run on Swiss movements. Note: Jigs are not yet available for the automatic wells.
- Every case includes Sapphire Glass: It is extraordinarily scratch-resistant. Sapphire has a value of 9 on the Mohs scale of mineral hardness. This makes it the 3rd hardest natural substance next to moissanite (synthetic diamonds) and diamonds. Its fracture toughness is around 4 times greater than that of Gorilla Glass.
- We have two styles of hands that you can choose from.
- The Water Resistance is up to 30 meters.
- Straps are metal or vegetable-tanned leather.
- Every Celeste watch comes with its very own travel friendly case! Perfect for storage and shipping, your watch is snuggly nestled in plush felt, protected from drops, knocks, and bangs.
- Two-year Warranty