General information about the watches:
- The cases: polished 316L hypoallergenic stainless steel.
- 20mm strap on 38mm case. 16mm strap on 35mm case.
- Movement: Swiss made Ronda movement (cell 364). The battery life is approximately 18 months from the time of assembly or last service.
- Hands: three hands - standard hours, minutes, and seconds indication.
- Sapphire glass: it is extraordinarily scratch-resistant. Sapphire crystal (the part of the watch that looks like glass) has a value of 9 on the Mohs scale of mineral hardness. This makes it the 3rd hardest natural substance next to moissanite (synthetic diamonds) and diamonds. Its fracture toughness is around 4 times greater than that of Gorilla Glass. The term “crystal” refers to its transparency. Because of the heightened transparency of this material, every watch is super clear and vibrant. Sapphire glass is not only clearer than glass, it also produces less reflection than glass.
- Dial materials: depending on the watch dial, the materials used consist of Mother of Pearl, abalone (sometimes natural, sometimes tinted), pink heart abalone, wood, and metal is used for the more intricate elements, such as the dragonfly body and the Summer Wind girl on her bike. All the shell is real and harvested under strict fishing quotas. The shade, pattern, and color variations are inherent natural characteristics.
- Straps: Vegetable-tanned goat leather. Vegetable-tanned leather, made with natural tannins, looks and feels more natural and has a beautiful texture of color. Over time, the band will improve. If you've ever seen a leather jacket or bag that looks beautifully aged, it's probably vegetable-tanned leather. Vegetable-tanned leather develops a patina over time, giving the leather a soft sheen and beautiful depth of color. The patina develops in response to usage and exposure to sunlight and heat, making each item truly unique to the owner. Vegetable-tanned leather also often smells sweet and earthy, rather than the chemical, synthetic smell of chrome-tanned leather.
- Water resistance: up to 30 meters for the 30mm and 35mm cases. And up to 50 meters for the 38mm and barrel shaped cases. Celeste herself has officially taken her watches snorkeling four times.
- Battery: every Celeste watch comes with lifetime battery replacements. The approximate life of the battery is 18 months from the time of assembly or last service. If you intend to wear your watch occasionally, you may pull out the stem to prolong the life of the battery. Just remember to re-set the time and push the stem back in when you wear it next!
- The watch battery also has an end-of-life (EOL) indicator which signals that it should be replaced. When your battery is going out, the second-hand does not move for 4 seconds then jumps to the correct time. The EOL indicator lasts for approximately one week, then the watch will stop.
- When you mail your watch to our boutique, your battery will be changed at no cost (only the cost of shipping). If you choose to have your battery replaced locally, it is important to have your watch serviced by a reputable jeweler to ensure the integrity of your beautiful watch.
Two-year warranty: All Celeste watches come with a two-year warranty/guarantee in craftsmanship. This is Celeste's unwavering promise and at the heart of every watch.
When you send your well-loved Celeste watch in for repair, it will be cared for as if it is Celeste's own watch. There is no receipt or registration required for service. As long as we're in business, we will fix your watch or replace your watch as needed. (*please note this does not include the watch bands)
If you are unsatisfied with the performance of your watch, we'll make it right. Whether you made the purchase or received your watch as a gift, it's Celeste's guarantee that your watch will maintain its beauty and precision.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How long is the battery life?
A: The battery life is approximately 18 months from the time of assembly or last service. It’s important to note the 38mm watches consume more energy than the 35mm, so they may run out a little quicker. Please be sure to take advantage of the free battery replacement!
Q: What do I do if my Celeste watch stops working?
A: For any service request, please contact us, and Celeste will be in touch with you as soon as she can.
Q: If I live too far from the shop, how do I get my Celeste watch serviced?
A: Celeste is happy to service your watch if you mail it to the store (you are responsible for shipping costs). If you choose to have your watch serviced or the battery replaced locally, it is important to have your watch serviced by a reputable jeweler to ensure the integrity of your beautiful watch.
Q: Where is the boutique located?
A: Celeste Watch is located in the charming downtown of Springfield, Oregon. You can find us at 335 Main Street.
Q: Do you offer returns?
A: If you’re unsatisfied with your watch for any reason, we'll make it right. Please contact Celeste to see if there’s something she can do to help you better love your new watch.
Q: How long will it take to get my watch in the mail?
A: Depending on how many orders are currently in the queue, your watch can be ready to ship in 2 - 10 days. Once you place your order, Celeste will contact you with the shipping ETA. Your watch will arrive via the USPS or UPS; times range from 1 - 5 days.
Q: Is it safe to get my Celeste watch wet?
A: The water-resistance of a Celeste watch is approximately 30 meters for the 30mm and 35mm cases. And around 50 meters for the 38mm and barrel shaped cases.
Q: How do I find out about sales and other specials going on?
A: Celeste sends out a newsletter a couple times a month, which you can sign up for in the footer of the website. This is also where you can find some current specials. Also, be sure to follow Celeste Watch on Facebook and Instagram to keep up with all the happenings!
Q: Can I order a gift certificate or gift card?
A: Absolutely! Visit our gift card page to get one.
Q: How can I see which tradeshows and festivals you’ll be at?
A: We keep a list of shows on our "Where to find us" page.