Couldn't load pickup availability
The Tree Frog - Leaping into the Light
I've regularly attended and exhibited at shows in the Bay Area because it’s where I grew up and a wonderful opportunity to see family and visit my old stomping grounds. It’s a chance to feel nostalgic about how I became who I am - the influences of my youth that affected how I look at the world. I remember enjoying the energy of San Francisco and how everyone seemed to be pushing their limits intellectually, spiritually, culturally and energetically. I was a little fish that was fascinated by the people and their passions for living.
On the drive home from a festival there, I began to think about this energy and how it exhausted me at one point in my life. In a time of coming of age, I never felt I was enough. I wasn’t strong enough, smart enough, thin enough and I didn’t have enough endurance. I felt invisible. I knew back then that for my future, I needed a way to assess if an environment was good for me. I needed a way to be in-touch with what would pump me up vs. what would hold me down.
The tree frog is inspiring because it is a bioindicator. Their skin absorbs toxins so they are susceptible to poor environmental conditions. If the frogs are dying, you need to get out quick! On the other side of the coin, a healthy tree frog is a marvelous sight to see! They are colorful and beautiful. They eat mosquitoes and provide us with medical advances. Their tadpoles can filter our drinking water.
By wearing the tree frog watch, would I be able to tell if the conditions were favorable for me? With a tree frog’s help, would I be able to always put myself in the most favorable light and circumstances? It was worth a try!
This design is one of the most complicated inlay patterns of any dial. Made up of 31 pieces of brown, orange, olive, aqua, red, yellow and purple tinted abalone shells inlaid in mother of pearl. It sparkles in the light and changes color along with the changing colors in its environment. It’s a way of finding positive footing for a life that is full of love and laughter.
What's special about a Celeste Watch?
- 35mm Case: Polished 316L hypoallergenic stainless steel.
- Movement: Swiss made Ronda movement (cell 364). The battery life is approximately 18 months from the time of assembly or last service.
- Sapphire Glass: It is extraordinarily scratch-resistant. Sapphire has a value of 9 on the Mohs scale of mineral hardness. This makes it the 3rd hardest natural substance next to moissanite (synthetic diamonds) and diamonds. Its fracture toughness is around 4 times greater than that of Gorilla Glass.
- Hands: Luminous. Three hands - standard hours, minutes and seconds indication.
- Water Resistance: Up to 30 meters (~100 ft).
- Lifetime Batteries: Every Celeste watch comes with lifetime batteries. That means that your battery will be changed by us at no cost (only the cost of shipping). You can mail your watch to our boutique or stop by to take advantage of this portion of your warranty. If neither of these options are convenient and you choose to have your battery replaced locally, it is important to have your watch serviced by a reputable jeweler to ensure the integrity of your beautiful Celeste watch.
- Band: 16mm vegetable-tanned leather.
- Travel Friendly: Every Celeste watch comes with its very own travel friendly case! Perfect for storage and shipping, your watch is snuggly nestled in plush felt, protected from drops, knocks, and bangs.
- Two Year Warranty.