Couldn't load pickup availability
Seahorse lovers arise! These beauties are made of 27 pieces of abalone shell. They are intricate, exotic and an excellent compliment to your love of the sea. Encased in a barrel shaped case, stones that match the seahorse are set at the 12, 6 and 9 to artfully blend the seahorse in the ocean.
When Marge walked into the boutique, she talked of a life of diving remote islands in search of seahorses and other rare and beautiful aquatic life. She showed me pictures she had taken with her underwater camera. I had the privilege of seeing so many tiny rare seahorses that most of the world never gets to see. She brought me into her passion by explaining where she goes, several times a year, to find them.
When she was first looking for a watch, she wanted the octopus. After some discussion, she asked if I could make a seahorse watch. I was immediately fascinated by the idea and could almost see it. I was sure that a seahorse was on my long list of watches that I wanted to make. I saw it in a rectangular case, to allow it to be longer. At the time, I didn’t have rectangular cases, only round. I was so inspired but her story that I ordered new cases and began down a road designed to open me up and set a new precedent.
The design took months. The seahorse had to be wrapped around seaweed and I wanted fish companions close by. To make the perfect seahorse, I needed to know what they ate, why they existed, how they get away from predators and what was important to them.
Life in the sea is harsh and running from predators is an everyday occurrence. There is vulnerability in being so little. But I also believe that in that vulnerability, we can sometimes find our greatest strength. How does a horse, so little, survive? To be truly delicate, yet tough. Beautiful and so different. No one around them looks like them, acts like them, or thinks like them. Where do they get their courage? To be vulnerable means that you see the world differently. You might hide in the shadows. You might always keep seaweed around you to obscure your position or possibly, to add comfort.
When you know that at any moment, if you turn your back, your fish neighbor might eat you.
I am a seahorse, I am small, I am vulnerable, I am different, and yet, I am here, living my truth in my own way. I will not conform, this is who I am.
- Rectangular Case: Stainless steel, rose gold plated or gold plated polished 316L hypoallergenic stainless steel.
- Movement: Swiss made Ronda movement (cell 364). The battery life is approximately 18 months from the time of assembly or last service.
- Sapphire Glass: It is extraordinarily scratch-resistant. Sapphire has a value of 9 on the Mohs scale of mineral hardness. This makes it the 3rd hardest natural substance next to moissanite (synthetic diamonds) and diamonds. Its fracture toughness is around 4 times greater than that of Gorilla Glass.
- Hands: Luminous. Three hands - standard hours, minutes and seconds indication.
- Water Resistance: Up to 50M (~150 ft).
- Lifetime Batteries: Every Celeste watch comes with lifetime batteries. That means that your battery will be changed by us at no cost (only the cost of shipping). You can mail your watch to our boutique or stop by to take advantage of this portion of your warranty. If neither of these options are convenient and you choose to have your battery replaced locally, it is important to have your watch serviced by a reputable jeweler to ensure the integrity of your beautiful Celeste watch.
- Band size: 20mm.
- Travel Friendly: Every Celeste watch comes with its very own travel friendly case! Perfect for storage and shipping, your watch is snuggly nestled in plush felt, protected from drops, knocks, and bangs.
- Two Year Warranty.