Couldn't load pickup availability
This amazing watch dial is an inlay, overlay, and marquetry at the same time. The wood background is cherry with mountains and trees engraved. Bigfoot himself is paua abalone tinted ochre brown and then inlaid in the cherry wood. The night sky is black-lip abalone with a mother of pearl full moon inlaid within it. Butted up next to each other, we have Bigfoot roaming the forest under a full moon.
Each dial is crafted by hand in our studio in Springfield, Oregon. No two Bigfoots ever have the same mottled abalone patterns, the black lip abalone sky never has the same iridescence or reflection of light, and the engraved cherry wood has differing grains. Handmade, each watch is different from the others.
Camping out in the Pacific Northwest, I heard a noise in the brush outside of my tent. Something big. Was it a bear? Had I stored my food properly? As I peered out from the flimsy safety of my tent, I couldn’t see anything in the darkness of the forest. Convinced that the noise had passed, I was about to go back to my book when I heard it again. A footstep and brush being moved. My heart started racing. Peering outside again, I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. Chills raced down my spine. It was big—larger than a man and not the right form for a bear. It lumbered. What was it? My eyes desperately searched the outside terrain to identify it. Clearly someone…or something…was out there!
I’ll never know exactly what visited my campsite that night but I’ve come to believe that perhaps Bigfoot is not a myth. Could he be alive and well in the Pacific Northwest? This timepiece reminds me to trust my instincts and that there are things in this world I can appreciate without tangible facts or a full understanding.
- 38mm Case: Polished 316L hypoallergenic stainless steel.
- Movement: Swiss made Ronda movement (cell 364). The battery life is approximately 18 months from the time of assembly or last service.
- Sapphire Glass: It is extraordinarily scratch-resistant. Sapphire has a value of 9 on the Mohs scale of mineral hardness. This makes it the 3rd hardest natural substance next to moissanite (synthetic diamonds) and diamonds. Its fracture toughness is around 4 times greater than that of Gorilla Glass.
- Hands: Luminous. Three hands - standard hours, minutes and seconds indication.
- Water Resistance: Up to 50M (~150 ft).
- Lifetime Batteries: Every Celeste watch comes with lifetime batteries. That means that your battery will be changed by us at no cost (only the cost of shipping). You can mail your watch to our boutique or stop by to take advantage of this portion of your warranty. If neither of these options are convenient and you choose to have your battery replaced locally, it is important to have your watch serviced by a reputable jeweler to ensure the integrity of your beautiful Celeste watch.
- Band size: 20mm.
- Travel Friendly: Every Celeste watch comes with its very own travel friendly case! Perfect for storage and shipping, your watch is snuggly nestled in plush felt, protected from drops, knocks, and bangs.
- Two Year Warranty.