Couldn't load pickup availability
This Marlin gamefish watch is meticulously crafted by hand. In The Old Man And The Sea the marlin symbolizes pride, honor, courage, resourcefulness and endurance. In the story, Santiago relates a time when he caught a female marlin. He states that the male marlin always lets the female feed first. Its courage and tenacity wins Santiago's admiration. Marlin can swim up to 50 mph and be 16 feet in length.
Process and Materials
- Background sky: Black-lip Abalone
- Background Water: Blue Tinted Paua Abalone
- Marlin: Metal and mother of pearl.
- Time markers: Overlays on a black background.
- 38mm Case: Polished 316L hypoallergenic stainless steel.
- Movement: Swiss made Ronda movement (cell 364). The battery life is approximately 18 months from the time of assembly or last service.
- Sapphire Glass: It is extraordinarily scratch-resistant. Sapphire has a value of 9 on the Mohs scale of mineral hardness. This makes it the 3rd hardest natural substance next to moissanite (synthetic diamonds) and diamonds. Its fracture toughness is around 4 times greater than that of Gorilla Glass.
- Hands: Luminous. Three hands - standard hours, minutes and seconds indication.
- Water Resistance: 50M (~150 ft).
- Lifetime Batteries: Every Celeste watch comes with lifetime batteries. That means that your battery will be changed by us at no cost (only the cost of shipping). You can mail your watch to our boutique or stop by to take advantage of this portion of your warranty. If neither of these options are convenient and you choose to have your battery replaced locally, it is important to have your watch serviced by a reputable jeweler to ensure the integrity of your beautiful Celeste watch.
- Strap size: 20mm.
- Travel Friendly: Every Celeste watch comes with its very own travel friendly case! Perfect for storage and shipping, your watch is snuggly nestled in plush felt, protected from drops, knocks, and bangs.
- Two Year Warranty.