3. Build a Watch Workshop Deposit for Saturday, March 23, 2024 from 1pm-4pm
Are you fascinated with watches and timepieces? Have you always wanted to make or work on a watch?
In this workshop you can make a very special and unique watch for yourself or someone special.
Workshop Description: In this unique workshop, you will choose your favorite Celeste Watch design and with access to specialized watchmaking tools and expert instruction from Celeste, learn to build your very own keepsake watch. Taught in Celeste's studio, you will automatically have a backstage pass to the structures and processes behind the scenes, learn about the equipment used to make the dials, and get a feel for how to work with the various kinds of abalone and mother of pearl shells. No prior watchmaking experience necessary. All tools and materials are provided.
Cost: Class fee is the same cost as the watch you choose to make. $200 deposit required to save your seat. The remaining class fee is due on the day of class.
Enrollment is limited to four students per class.
Three Dates to Choose From:
- Feb 3, 2024 from 1pm-4
- Feb 24, 2024 from 9am-12:00pm or
- March 23, 2024 from 1pm-4pm.
Easy as 1, 2, 3, 4
- Choose the watch you want to build. When you arrive in class you will be given a watch dial that you will turn into a watch.
- Learn the different parts of a watch; how to fit a quartz movement (time keeping piece) onto the dial; how to select hands that will fit the dial; how to use watchmaking tools to install the hour, minute and seconds hands; how to place the working watch into a case; how to cut the stem to fit properly in the case; how to install the crown and waterproofing gaskets; and then how to close the case.
- Once your watch is built, you will choose from 14 colors of bands and learn to install the quick release spring bar and/or butterfly buckle.
- Take your watch home.
And there's more...
After this class, in addition to knowing how to build your watch, you will also know how to change your own batteries and service your watch.
Cost for the class is dependent on the dial you choose to make into a watch. You can outright purchase a Celeste watch, or you can make the Celeste watch of your choice for the same price.
Location: Celeste Watch Company, 335 Main Street, Springfield, OR